Monday, September 04, 2006

The Sound of Your Own Wheels......

Well I guess i've officially started my roadtrip. I'll just say i have, so it feels longer. I left virginia thursday morning, stopping in harrisonburg along the way to visit friends before moving on towards lancaster. well, actually mount joy.

I was best man in my best man brad's wedding on saturday, so i got up there a couple days early to help however i could and to just hang out with brad and justina before they tied the knot.


My car has been worrying me a little bit in the last week. not good timing when i'm planning to go on a huge trip. first i discovered that my heater isn't working, then a bunch of water leaked into my back seat, then my driver's side windshield wiper stopped working in the middle of several rainy days.

the rain continued, but the wedding was so great. spending time with brad and the guys, being involved in such a special day, and just seeing how in love the two of them are just brought me to that great place where i'm content to just sit in the corner and watch beautiful things happen with a smile on my face. thanks for that guys!!!



Family and friends came, there were vows, singing (i did a duet of "Power of Two" with beth), rings, kissing, eating, cake, dancing, then leaving....... the past 4 days just seemed to fly by. i guess it was just that beautiful. I think i had a smile on my face the whole time.





i slept most of the last days at mitch and heathers, then ate at the shellenbergers last night, like back in highschool. then last night, 4 of us guys (kyle, nate, mitch and i) went camping at the stream back behind kyle's house. great time's with great guys. it was soaking wet, but we got a 1 match fire going and found enough wood to keep it going until 2 in the morning, talking the night away about good topics and just enjoying eachother's company. just good times.

I guess i'm just saying that the last 4 days of my "roadtrip" have been awesome, even if it doesn't really feel like i've started my roadtrip yet. tonight i stay with the big bro, tom, then head out tommorrow on the open road.

this is where it'll get interesting......

i'll be keeping track of the states i go through and how many miles i've driven on this trip. i'll also be putting pictures on my Photobucket account if you wanna keep up......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you still have your mom's cell? call me.

Anonymous said...

HI Jared! I seems like you are having a great time - back in the US.
Just wanted to say HI :)
Bye, Helene

Anonymous said...

IT seems like ;) - Gruß Helene