Friday, August 18, 2006

I drive. I'm a driver. drive. me. driver.


so......... i did it.

i bought the 1989 VW Golf from my brother. i gave him $1,100 for it and then paid another $100 in fees to buy it (transfer fee, plate fee, blah, blah, we want your money fee). everything worked out perfectly. i had to get a new Pennsylvania drivers license to buy the car. it cost me $10. i told them i had to give my old license up in germany and they didn't even ask if i had a german one. hee hee!!!

new license, insurance, car payed for and title transfered. all on the same day.

so i have a pretty little piece of german engineering. there are still a couple little interesting things that we're working on fixing, but it should be good to go before tommorrow, when i drive back down to virginia. i'll be giving constant updates on how well it's running or if it's let me stranded anywhere.

it's got 133,000 miles(~214.000 km) on it. i can't wait to see how many miles i'll put on it going out west.

oh, and since i'm taking this big roadtrip, i also got a AAA membership (ami ADAC). i get the Plus membership, just in case i need to be towed 100 miles any time soon. i got a bunch of maps and i'm starting to plan my get-away.....

Go West, Young Man!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH BABY! Und immer schoen den Mr. Bond mitnehmen!!!

Anonymous said...

so, you're actually coming, eh? lovely! let me know when i should take off from work for our crater lake camping excursion. keep in mind that my friends from florida will be here sept 20-25.

Anonymous said...

ui, schee...

Susi said...

hast du auch schon brav den "representing Deutschlaaaaaand"-Rap geübt? ;-)