Monday, September 18, 2006

Canyonlands......

So after leaving Albuquerque, I headed south-west through the desert towards Tucson, Arizona to visit fellow happy camper, Jon Horst, passing through Truth or Consequences and lots of red chili stands.
Tuscon was beautiful!!! I spent 2 nights at jon's place. we hung out the first evening and tried to get my computer online. I spent the next day driving around tucson, going hiking on tucson mountain, and visiting Joel and his new bride.
That evening I played on jon's team in the tucson ultimate frisbee league. i sooooooo wish i had brought my cleats along, just for that.
notice that my muscle is bigger.I left Tucson the next morning, heading up to Flagstaff, where i spent the night in a hostel while it rained and hailed outside. the next morning i headed out early for the Grand Canyon. The weather wasn't best, but it was still incredibly huge. I had been planning to see the southern and northern rims, but decided that the northern rim was too much out of the way, so i stop in at Powell Lake, which my family discovered on a vacation long ago when my father made a wrong turn. i wanted to sleep on the beach ,but it was like a sandstorm, so i enjoyed the view and spent the night in my car. OH OH...... after gettting my oil changed!!!! just so my brother tom know that i'm trying to take care of my golf.
oh yeah...... i haven't heard any good name ideas........

I'm presently in Bryce Canyon National Park and will be leaving tommorrow morning. it's sooooooo beautiful. i've taken lots of pictures and will put them online soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danke für das Teilen Ihrer Abbildungen... Seien Sie schön! :-) Tomaten sind gut. Sie sind Ihr Jungbrunnen. Erkennen Sie. Serena sagt, "hallo!"

Anonymous said...

hey jared! deine oberarme sind der hammer...! und die bilder erst recht! gruß vom tilli

Anonymous said...

Jopa...das Bild mit dem Kaktus ist klasse, die Landschaftsbilder aber auch.
Ich finde es ein wenig komisch einem Auto einen Namen zu geben, da es ja nur ein Gegenstand ist aber ich würde Sie "Trixie" nennen.