Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Too much?


The world cup started 4 days ago and there have been 11 games so far. I'm happy to say that I've been able to watch each game up until now. there have been some good games, but just as much of me sitting around on my ass in front of a TV. if i actually watch all 48 first round games, that will be at least 72 hours in front of the tube.

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving it. but such a level of dedication calls for a certain amount of reflection. When was the last time i sat on my ass to read my Bible for an hour and a half? let alone 4 and a half hours a day, like it is with the world cup now.

I'll continue watching, but i think i'll be planning worthwhile activities during the break between games or when i'm not watching. frisbee, Bible reading, cleaning the bathroom, etc......... anyone have any other ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kannst auch mal meine bude putzen...;)

Anonymous said...

getting a fuckin' life!!!!!!!

hehe....you smiled, right? i have yet to see one game. and yes, this post will out me that i've been online, but i have been meaning to get offline and i have been feeling none too chatty. i still love you.

go krauts!

Anonymous said...

jared,
some suggestions:
1. read On Beauty by Zadie Smith.

2. surprise jane moyer with an all-expenses paid ticket to visit you in germany.

3. remember nathan darity

streulicht said...

Kannst mir in der Halbzeit den Rücken massieren hehe!