Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Back in time. in Berlin.

I had a great time in Berlin. My 4 days there flew by, but i got to see lots of the city and just enjoy being there without the stress of having a schedule.

Everything worked out so that i could just take off sunday night and come back thursday. Markus had called his friends sunday and they said i could crash there. they had an empty room because their new roommate hadn't moved in yet. so i thought i'd just jump on an over-night train, but they were full, so i sat in trainstation for a couple hours and then had to change trains.

I got to berlin at around 9 in the morning on monday and just started walking around the city to see sites and whatnot. Saw the Siegersäule, Reichstag, Brandenburger Tor, the Fan Fast Berlin and some other stuff. i ended up not buying a tram ticket, but just walking around till my feet hurt.

I spent the next days just relaxing, watching soccer on the fan mile, taking it easy and enjoying my first time in the capital. i also saw the (berliner dom, fernseher turm, museum island and the marx-engels park thing.

Oh yeah. It just so happened that there was a "night of music" in the city wednesday night. Bands were playing on the street and in all different parks. It was just a great atmosphere and a nice little surprise on my last night in the city.

Here are a couple pictures. You can see the rest on my Flickr account. Unfortunately, flickr doesn't let you put the pictures in the right order. either way. enjoy.








No comments: